Situated in the heart of Lalande de Pomerol amongst the world renowned vines Chateau Laborde has been owned by the Trocard family since 1628. The family are well versed in producing fabulous wines from this highly sought after corner of Bordeaux’s Right Bank.
However, in historical terms they could still be described as relative newcomers, with vines dating back to the 12th Century, when a Priory existed on the spot producing wine for the religious services of its occupants who included Pilgrims and Knights of the Crusades. The eight pointed cross of whom became the emblem of the wines of Pomerol.
Described as “Feminine Terroir” the 22 hectares of Chateau Laborde sit on light sandy and gravelly soils. These delicate soils help to bring finesse to their wines in the style for which this region has become so famed.